General feedback for InqScribe

Welcome to our feedback forum. What do you want to do with InqScribe? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add additional media playback controls to select discrete audio channels

Some media files have interleaved or multiple audio channels embedded in a single Audio Track. The specific example I'm thinking of is a Sony XDCAM Proxy file, that has 8 channels of audio embedded, but they get mixed down to stereo for playback. It would be great if we could turn each of those channels on/off in the media playback controls

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "omit frames" behavior

Hi, I remember that old versions behavior was to just hide the frames from the transcript, but you could still enter the frames in the offset field for accuracy. Could there be a way to get that behavior back?
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add jog & shuttle support for video manipulation

So that I can use a jog wheel to fast forward and rewind in the same way I am able to do with Quicktime.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add an extra export option to make it compatible with MAXQDA.

It needs rtf files with the timestamp at the end. MAXQDA recommend using F4 from audiotranskritpion.de, but I prefer inqscribe.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for multi-track audio

Add the ability to playback and control multi-track audio, each with their own slider to adjust their own volume levels.

Users would be able to import the video to transcript with the option to also import the individual audio tracks. For a 5.1 sound track, there would be 6 mono tracks (Left, Right, Center, LFE, LS and RS). Being able to filter out audio effects and other unwanted noise would save a lot of time as well as greatly increase the transcript's accuracy.

Another potential use: For the Record makes courtroom recording systems which produce WAV files containing four channels…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  media support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add standard TimeCode format support on insert

In understand the reasoning for using a . before frames when inserting timecode rather than a ; ... but it breaks the ability to import text files created in inqscribe into programs like ProTools.

Would be great to have that be customizable, so that the timecode format was selectable - allowing you to use all colons (even before frames) or all semi-colons, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  time code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Export to Word

Many of my clients prefer transcriptions in .doc or .docx format, so it would be helpful to have an export feature for that. In the meantime, I copy and paste, but a straight-up export option would be much more elegant. Also, I imagine it might keep some of the formatting, such as the color-coded time codes, no? That would be helpful, too.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. multiple tiers

Enable multiple transcription tiers relating to the same time code so that a transcription tier can be linked to a translation or annotation tier. This would make the software very attractive to those doing documentary linguistics.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. The idea of a tiered or tabbed interface is very much on our radar. It would be a great way to organize notes, transcriptions, and translations. We will definitely consider it for a future version of InqScribe.

9. Import STL-files

We are often provided with STL-files which is a largely used standard for subtitling in television. It would be great to have an import for .stl.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update window behavior to conform to OS X Lion applications

It appears that the latest version only allows window resize from the bottom right corner. Most other apps now allow resizing from any edge or corner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create an iPad version.

As a lingstic anthropologist I take my iPad into the field to take fieldnotes, use it as a recording device, etc. Then on the way I home, I would like to start working on the transcripts, but I can't because there isn't an inqscribe ap yet. All I really need is a way start and stop with ease while transcribing and add time codes. Then I need to upload the transcript on my desktop inqscribe program in order to make my files subtitled there. Considering that most of the linguistic anthropologists I saw at the American Anthropological Association conference this…

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Matt Brown responded

We hope to get to this soon, along with support for stl import.

13. scrub audio frame by frame

Be great to be able to jog back and forth frame by frame hearing the audio, for frame-accurate transcripts.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stay as fantastic as you are always!

This is the most exciting work-related software I've come across in this iconic year 2012!

But I don't know where to write with my trouble-shooting Q.

I love you guys, you're the best!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add support for Adobe Premiere Markers

The ability to export this for Final Cut is awesome, but with the changes in FCP X, a lot of us have jumped or are jumping ship to Adobe Premiere. It would be nice to include these same capabilities.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a way to automatically go to the beginning of the line to add the time code

I already have my text transcribed and translated in Word (I need the special characters), and it's a pain to have to manually place the cursor at the beginning of each line to insert the timecode. It would also be great to have a space after the timecode:
    eg: {01:00:25.22} Ed: Speaking of horses...
    Right now it's: {01:00:25.22}Ed:Speaking of horses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Transcripts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in the request! We don’t currently support automatic timecodes every xx seconds because words would get jumbled, coming out like th[00:00:11.11]is. So, your suggestion could provide a neat solution. We will consider it for a future InqScribe update.

Note that you can lay down timecodes every xx seconds before you start typing. Read how in our Knowledge Base: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/22885-can-i-automatically-insert-a-timecode-in-a-series

We also offer some general timecode insertion tips here: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/171934-can-i-automatically-insert-timecodes-at-regular-ti

19. make Inqscribe available in other languages.

Wouldn't it make sense to have Inqscribe available in languages other than english? (I mean the menu items and commands).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add quick look functionality to inqscribe files

I'd like to be able to use the Quick Look feature of osx to see at least the text contents of inqscribe files at a glance in the finder.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General feedback for InqScribe

Feedback and Knowledge Base