General feedback for InqScribe

Welcome to our feedback forum. What do you want to do with InqScribe? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add the option to change the default font size.

Every time I open the program, I have to click Transcript > Transcript Settings > Size dropdown > 24. It would be nice if doing this once would keep the text that size on subsequent openings of the program (especially since I have an issue with the program crashing frequently when I change my shortcuts or snippets.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There’s actually already a way to change the default font size. Go into the “Edit > Options > New Document” menu and you’ll see the option to select your desired font and font size.

Regarding the frequent crashing, could you send more details to support@inqscribe.com? I believe you’ve already started an email thread with us on April 4th, so feel free to respond there.

-Alex Underwood, Community Manager

• 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • with the play rate instead of having to use your mouse

Yes as someone has mentioned allow your text to be exported in word, pages etc. Also with the play rate instead of having to use your mouse be able to 'select' the command and then use your front/back keys on your keyboard so it is more precise

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion Richard. There is actually a way to control play rate with the arrow keys, using shortcuts:

To set this up in InqScribe, select “Edit > Edit Shortcuts.” From this menu, we’ll add 2 new shortcuts. For one, set the Trigger to to the right arrow key and the Command to “Change Play Rate.” You’ll have the option to select the rate of adjustment with the slider below (for fine tuning, you might set this to “0.1x”). Follow the same process for the second, left arrow key shortcut, setting the slider to a negative value.

After creating these shortcuts, you should be able to use arrow keys to speed up/slow down the media play rate. Thanks again for the feedback. We’ll consider adding the arrow keys as a default shortcut for controlling play rate.

Note: To express your support in a word export feature, cast your vote…

• have a free download player for a inqscribe transcript

a free player that you can send to clients to play a inqscribe transcript outside of the program, This can be very useful in the legal profession.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Have customizable timecodes so that changes to code can be made within a transcript

This would allow timecodes to be changed within a transcript for Video Rushes which were filmed using TOD (time of day) with camera breaks causing breaks in the timecode.

10 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  time code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing the request. We actually have 2 ways for users to adjust time codes. You can adjust the overall start time of a transcript, or adjust a set of specified time codes. More in our User Guide here: http://docs.inqscribe.com/2.2/transcriptiontips.html#adjusting

Discontinuous timecodes are a tricky subject, which we try to address in the following article: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/18059-does-inqscribe-support-discontinuous-timecodes

With that said, if you are interested in discontinuous timecode support, feel free to vote for them here: http://support.inqscribe.com/forums/4206-general-feedback-for-inqscribe/suggestions/4025835-discontinuous-timecode-support

• Solid Cursor on Movement!

When I'm holding down the cursor key (usually left to pick up something I missed on a rewind) to move to a part in the text, the cursor disappears leaving you to guess it's position. In Word, when you hold the cursor key, the cursor goes solid instead of blinking so you can see it move as you hold the key. I'm not sure if this is something you can change in your programming, or if you're using a library for the editor, but it's really annoying! Other than that, I'm loving this software! (Running on a 2008 Summer MacBook…

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Can you have the rewind function temporarily rewind

Can you have the rewind function temporarily rewind until you remove your finger from the "Shortcut Key" of rewind and then it continues to play when you remove your finger?

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is actually currently available in InqScribe. It’s called the “Review” command.

To enable it, create a new shortcut by selecting “Edit > Edit Shortcuts > Add.” Simply assign a trigger of your choice to the “Review” command and set the play rate according to how quickly you’d like the media to play backwards.

Note that the same style of command is also available for moving forwards- this is called “Cue.” For more about our available shortcut commands, head over to our User Guide: http://docs.inqscribe.com/2.2/keyboardshortcuts.html#actions

• Allow formatting compatible w/ trial presentation products

Some trial presentation software requires transcript formatting that limits the number of characters per line, followed by a LF/CR.

It would be great to have a feature that automatically inserts a LF/CR after a certain number of characters, and also inserts the timestamp at the start of the new line.

Sample Requirements:

Files must be of a generic ASCII format.
                  Each line of text should end with a carriage return and then a line feed
                  No lines may be longer than 70 characters (NOT counting valid time stamps, leading spaces
                  and trailing spaces).
                  All lines in the body of the…

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request. Since a number of our users work in legal transcription, it’s helpful to learn about your workflow.

You can actually use InqScribe’s “snippets” to quickly insert new lines, timecodes, and speaker names. Learn how in our Knowledge Base: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/171934-can-i-automatically-insert-timecodes-at-regular-ti

You might also be interested in the following method to control the number of characters per line: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/180460-how-do-i-set-a-character-limit-while-transcribing

• mention this article in response to the question about converting LTC to track timecode: http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/26/auxtc-read

Was doing research on recording LTC on an alternate track and then converting it to the track's timecode. I ran across the question in your FAQ, and it seemed you didn't think such a tool existed. I found this software elsewhere in my search: http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/26/auxtc-reader Perhaps it will be helpful to you and your customers.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Adjust timecodes directly in the transcript window

To add or subtract a few frames or seconds from a timecode is too slow of a process with the Adjust Timecode menu item. Direct editing of timecodes is needed. (By the way, "Adjust selection only" should be checked by default, since that's far more common than changing all timecodes by the same amount)

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        4 comments  ·  time code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Please support XMF files

Im working with XMF files and your program doesnt support it please help!

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • What about voice dictation

I would like very much to be able, easy as possible to watch a film or audio track and just comment it with my voice that then become a written text with TC positions, for any kind of analyzes ...

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in the request. Since InqScribe uses a plain text for its transcripts, you should be able to use InqScribe in conjunction with speech-to-text software. We’ve actually done some testing with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, which you can read about on our blog here: http://blogs.inquirium.net/inqscribe/2014/09/creating-a-transcript-with-inqscribe-and-dragon-naturallyspeaking/

So, you can use InqScribe with voice dictation technologies. However, the accuracy and language support of the dictation will be outside of our control.

• add a negative time offset to timestamps

When tapping out a piece of media with the insert timecode shortcut, it would be really helpful if you could do a negative offset on that timecode stamp, i.e. - i hit the shortcut at 1h0m10s0f, and my offset option is -6, so the stamp inserted would be 1h0m4s0f.

Many times when working with timecode, you want the program to set you up so that you can give yourself a second or two to get your timing right, rather then the TC mark being right on the event, which make you have to edit the TC stamp, or rewind quite…

9 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                completed  ·  2 comments  ·  time code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Don't see your idea?

General feedback for InqScribe

Feedback and Knowledge Base