I suggest you ...

Add support for multi-track audio

Add the ability to playback and control multi-track audio, each with their own slider to adjust their own volume levels.

Users would be able to import the video to transcript with the option to also import the individual audio tracks. For a 5.1 sound track, there would be 6 mono tracks (Left, Right, Center, LFE, LS and RS). Being able to filter out audio effects and other unwanted noise would save a lot of time as well as greatly increase the transcript's accuracy.

Another potential use: For the Record makes courtroom recording systems which produce WAV files containing four channels of audio. The free player provided by For the Record player is terrible; it would be much more productive to use InqScribe. To do this, we'd need 4-channel WAV support and separate level controls for each of the four channels.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    willismorse shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminEric Baumgartner (Developer, InqScribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. InqScribe should already be able to play a multi-channel WAV since it's using QuickTime (or Windows Media Player) behind the scenes. The issue is turning the balance slider into separate controls when you have more than two channels. We'll see what we can do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base