I suggest you ...

Scroll text up/down several lines when cursor reaches bottom/top of the text area

Look at what happens in OpenOffice Writer. When the cursor reaches the top or the bottom of the text area (moving it with the up and down arrow keys or simply typing lines of text downwards) the block cursor+text is scrolled down or up (respectively) to "reposition" the used part of the text area near the vertical center of the window. This is very useful when typing, for example, because prevents the user typing all the time at the bottom of the window. Part of this behaviour (i.e. when typing at the bottom of the text area, and not when simply moving the cursor toward the upper or lower limit of the text area) appears in Microsoft Word too; in Microsoft Notepad and Microsoft Wordpad is absent. It's absent in Inqscribe too: when I type and reach the text area bottom, the text is moved upwards one line at a time, so I type at the bottom of the window all the time. What about implementing a scrolling behaviour like the one mentioned above? Thanks for your attention, have a nice day.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google