I suggest you ...

add styled text support

Add support for styles like bold and italic, along with custom font colors and varying fonts and font sizes.

234 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eric BaumgartnerAdminEric Baumgartner (Developer, InqScribe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, since i've been waiting since before 2010 for this feature to show up, i will assume that it isn't easy or isn't at the top of your list, even though (ahem) it is currently at the top of the list.

So maybe, start with one additional style - like bold, or italic - because even just having 2 styles would be huge, allowing all of us to differentiate text at least to some significant effect.

thanks

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely be a plus. Associated with this I'd like to suggest an additional feature: if InqScribe currently uses .txt files within the .inqscr package, and if the idea suggested here would mean allowing .rtf or something similar as an alternative saving option within that package, it would also be very useful to have external access to the .rtf file. That is, I'd like to be able to markup the underlying text files using other programs as well, without having to export and create a copy of the transcription text. Case in point: I use the database DevonThink Pro Office to markup my transcriptions, and I'd rather have those markups on the original files than on a copy of them, because I often go back to re-do portions of the transcription. A single text (.rtf) file would prevent a lot of complications that are possible with the current workflow.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would love to highlight, change colours in some areas of transcription to indentify ideas / topic in saved transcripts without having to first export to word. That would be a huge improvement for me.

• PaschalPaschal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And when adding the font colour feature, please add the ability to change the background colour of the transcribing window. Ideally, i'd like to set it up similar to Sublime Text 3 - something like the Monokai theme :)

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have over a dozen interviews and the font size/highlight feature would increase the value of the program.

• Leo RossiLeo Rossi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is so much important to our company. We think to adopt this software as a default to write audio description. We need formatting to much!

We have absolutely need this. Styled text support, multiple font sizes/colors/bold/italics within the same text file can really help with the process. It would help so much.

Hi, I have just purchased this product, only to find the font size is so small and crowded that it hurts my eyes....how does anyone cope with this?....I thought changing font size was beyond basic.

• Philip KeyPhilip Key commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Colours are best because there are more options. We need to identify a dozen topics in a transcription and Italics or Bold are not enough

• MagMag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've thrown all of my votes into support for developing this feature. It would be a huge asset when making VO edits and needing to highlight new pick-ups in some way to differentiate them from other notes/text. Hope the review goes really really really fast so we can get this new feature asap!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please, please, please!! as it is, i move from inq to word to do the bolding that helps me move quickly thru long transcripts, and don't forget colors. bold, italic, colors are most important, varying fonts and sizes is not as important IMHO

• StacyStacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to use the occasional italicized word to indicate emphasis of the speaker when transcribing interviews. I prefer to use a CTRL+i to initiate/end an italic string because I don't want my hands to leave the keyboard. A suggestion for Pip: when I want to make portions of the text stand out, I often use **marks like this**.

• pip pip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the function i really hoped to see in your new upgrade
        pretty disappointed to see it wasn't there - when you have reams of text you need some way of differentiating the good stuff you will def want to use from the rest
        hope to see it in number 3

• gary weimberggary weimberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh yes, oh yes, oh yes.
        we use inqscribe for transcripts of video interviews, and circulate them among a group of us for creative input. styled text would help us sooo much to distinguish transcript from comment from other persons comment. thanks!

• Eric BaumgartnerAdminEric Baumgartner (Developer, InqScribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "add styled text support" covers this request. We'd suggest moving your votes there (it's pretty high on the charts). Or consider voting for "let me use InqScribe to control playback in the background", which would let you edit directly in Word while controlling video playback via InqScribe and a foot pedal.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base