I suggest you ...

let me use InqScribe to control playback in the background

So I can type in Word or some other application, and use the foot pedal to control playback.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminEric Baumgartner (Developer, InqScribe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Toomas Nigola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using VPedal to control my media file and would love to work either in Pages or MS Word (using Mac), since in Inqscribe's text editor it is sometimes very hard to see the cursor and make efficient changes to the text.

• Jim Golightly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used InqScribe from 2009 to 2011 when this feature was implemented, and would love to see it present again.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will buy your software the second this feature becomes available for the Mac version. I do law enforcement transcription into a very specific Word template and therefore need to be able to control the video file with an Infinity foot pedal while typing in Word. Please get me out of the hell that is Express Scribe, which has this feature, but crashes when handling videos!

• John Doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please have a status on this feature? This feature is the only thing holding us back from purchasing several copies.

• AdminMatt Brown (Partner, InqScribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Julie,
        Thanks for your comment. Indeed this feature is still under review. You may have noticed that this feature almost made it into version 2.1, but we had to yank it at the last minute due to some issues with certain foot pedals (as described in this blog post: http://blogs.inquirium.net/inqscribe/2011/01/background-pedal-support-not-quite-there-yet/). These are non-trivial technical issues, and you can be assured that we're doing our best to get this feature into a future release.
        Thanks for your patience,
        Matt

• Julie Lunar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since this suggestion was made nearly two years ago now, it seems safe to assume it is not truly "under review." While your software is fairly solid, and very helpful where timecoding is concerned, it is awfully lacking as a word processing program. Transcription is more than simply entering timecode at the appropriate intervals. Yes, I can copy my text from your program and paste it into Word, and then format and spell check from there, but this takes a great deal more time than it does to simply type it into a true word processing program in the first place and take advantage of autocorrect and macros. If the restrictions on Microsoft's code prevents you from making the product able to work 'always on top,' at the very least implement some basic word processing features like spell check, autocorrect, and macros.

Feedback and Knowledge Base