Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeborahDeborah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to EXPORT in SRT format. This reply is 2 years old. How can I accomplish that?

• DeborahDeborah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am reviewing your software in trial. I need to export the transcription in .srt format for closed captioning online. When is this planned?

• MegMeg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi- Any developments on this? I see the last response was nearly two years ago.

• EdgarEdgar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please let us import Subrip files. And last but not least, Let us Batch EXPORT to any format already available in inqscribe, Thank you and congratulations for your work.

• Matt BrownAdminMatt Brown (Partner, InqScribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do plan to offer better support for importing a range of formats, including srt. InqScribe started out primarily as a tool for creating transcripts from scratch, so our focus has been more on supporting exports than imports. But we do recognize the need for better import support. Thanks for the suggestion.

• David HouDavid Hou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SRT is one of the most popular subtitle file formats online. Please add. Would be happy to help with testing.

• Eric BaumgartnerAdminEric Baumgartner (Developer, InqScribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

There are a couple of pieces to this. One is Flash video support, which we're working on. I think there's a separate Flash video entry that you can vote on.

In terms of subtitles, YouTube will let you upload Subrip-format caption files, which you can export from InqScribe right now. We'll look into supporting import of Subrip files to complete the picture.

Feedback and Knowledge Base