General feedback for InqScribe

Welcome to our feedback forum. What do you want to do with InqScribe? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for Adobe Premiere Markers

The ability to export this for Final Cut is awesome, but with the changes in FCP X, a lot of us have jumped or are jumping ship to Adobe Premiere. It would be nice to include these same capabilities.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Export to Word

Many of my clients prefer transcriptions in .doc or .docx format, so it would be helpful to have an export feature for that. In the meantime, I copy and paste, but a straight-up export option would be much more elegant. Also, I imagine it might keep some of the formatting, such as the color-coded time codes, no? That would be helpful, too.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for <--Comments--> in the transcript

Add the ability to type in info, like the name of the current speaker, or scene numbers in a way that will be ignored when you export the XML. For example, in HTML, <--you simply bracket the comment like this-->.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an extra export option to make it compatible with MAXQDA.

It needs rtf files with the timestamp at the end. MAXQDA recommend using F4 from audiotranskritpion.de, but I prefer inqscribe.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Batch export

Add the ability to export to a certain format several Inqscribe files at once. Exporting a whole card full of Inqscribe transcripts one by one takes FOREVER.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support exported transcripts that contain images of each time-stamped frame

Creates an exported transcript that inserts a still image of each timestamped frame.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New version for Final Cut X?

Some of us have not jumped ship from being FCP 7 users and are loving life with Final Cut X. Is there an upgrade in the pipelines for us?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autofill the file name on export/save as dialog

When exporting, by default name the exported file with the same name as the Inqscribe project (or at least give the option, this saves a lot of time)... instead of always defaulting to "export.txt or .xml"

Additionally, when saving an InqScribe transcript, you should have the ability to autofill the title with the media filename.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Do not resize media window when importing a new video file

"It would be nice to be able to import and not change my preferred sizing.
    It would save a lot of resizing every time I import a file. I tend to log a lot of footage where I am handling over 100 files at a time and have to resize every one so I can access other things on my desktop at the same time." -Adrienne

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Implement keyboard shortcuts to export different types of files. (e.g: shortcut for TXT Export)

To export, you always have to go to the menu/submenu. It's be great to have a keyboard shortcut for every type of export to save time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add the ability to export transparency/ opacity scale.

add the ability to export onto a translucent background. Maybe have the transparent with a transparency/ opacity scale.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Junie,

Thanks for your suggestion. InqScribe currently offers a “Transparent” background option for subtitle display (see the Save Subtitled QuickTime Movie Menu settings: http://docs.inqscribe.com/2.2/subtitling.html#export). However, we do not currently offer a translucent/opaque background option, so we will place your suggestion under consideration for a future update of InqScribe.

Thanks again!
    Alex Underwood
    Community Manager, InqScribe

• Don't see your idea?

General feedback for InqScribe

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base