General feedback for InqScribe

Welcome to our feedback forum. What do you want to do with InqScribe? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow saving full-res video image in document

Be able to create a document with slides inserted in text.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in the request. You can save images within InqScribe by clicking “File > Save Current Frame as JPEG…” or “File > Save Time Series as JPEGs…” However, you cannot currently save these images in a document with your transcript’s text. We will consider this export option for a future update.

2. Support exported transcripts that contain images of each time-stamped frame

Creates an exported transcript that inserts a still image of each timestamped frame.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New version for Final Cut X?

Some of us have not jumped ship from being FCP 7 users and are loving life with Final Cut X. Is there an upgrade in the pipelines for us?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unpin video window from text window

You should be able to unpin the video window from the text window so you can place in a secondary window. I personally want to use your software for court presentation by clicking on the timecode and immediately playing back for the jury. Right now I have to note the time code then pull up the video in a separate player and cue to the correct time.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  media support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. I see how unpinning the video window would be really useful for presentation scenarios. We will consider this for a future update of InqScribe.

Your second suggestion about embedding subtitles within the playback window is actually covered in the following suggestion: http://support.inqscribe.com/forums/4206-general-feedback-for-inqscribe/suggestions/3057491-preview-subtitled-movies

Feel free to place your votes there! I’ve edited this part out of the description to keep these ideas separate.

5. Display subtitle character count

In the transcript window, it would be helpful if there was a way to view the number of characters per subtitle/timecode. It can be difficult to quickly judge the number of characters otherwise.

Having a character count in-between timecodes would solve this problem.

Alternatively, the ability to place an adjustable vertical line across the transcript would allow you to quickly eyeball the relative length and consistency of each text chunk.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Transcripts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Workabout for discontinous timecode

Instead of having to go back and adjust all the timecodes at the end to make up discontinuous timecode, it would be great to have a feature that allows you to adjust the running timecode throughout the transcript.

Eg. Start custom TC is 01:54:53:00. Partway through the TC has to change to 02:43:21:00, because a significant about of time has been removed.

It would be nice to have the hotkey then take over from the new custom TC and continue with that, rather than reverting back to the 'start custom TC'.

Maybe also have a feature that supports continuous timecode…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  time code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autofill the file name on export/save as dialog

When exporting, by default name the exported file with the same name as the Inqscribe project (or at least give the option, this saves a lot of time)... instead of always defaulting to "export.txt or .xml"

Additionally, when saving an InqScribe transcript, you should have the ability to autofill the title with the media filename.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  shortcuts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a way to automatically go to the beginning of the line to add the time code

I already have my text transcribed and translated in Word (I need the special characters), and it's a pain to have to manually place the cursor at the beginning of each line to insert the timecode. It would also be great to have a space after the timecode:
    eg: {01:00:25.22} Ed: Speaking of horses...
    Right now it's: {01:00:25.22}Ed:Speaking of horses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Phone Support

I suggest you have this, as not all of us are savvy enough to follow general written instructions when a media source is not any of those listed. ave phone support. I just signed-up for a free trial, but now that I see only email-based support, I will be choosing a company with phone support..

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  media support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add VLC Player as an optional media player for InqScribe

Quicktime doesn't play audio for HD MPEGs & often the audio gets out of sync with the video in other formats. VLC has fewer problems with this stuff.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  media support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re currently working on revamping InqScribe’s media engine, and VLC support is a possibility. For more about InqScribe’s future, head over to our blog: http://blogs.inquirium.net/inqscribe/2014/03/retiring-quicktime/

Fun fact:
    Currently, VLC Player cannot be used to control media in InqScribe, but did you know you can view your exported subtitles in VLC Player? More in our Knowledge Base here: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/422681-how-do-i-import-my-subtitles-into-vlc-player

13. Import STL-files

We are often provided with STL-files which is a largely used standard for subtitling in television. It would be great to have an import for .stl.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  import/export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow a shortcut that switches volume balance (one for right, one for left, one for middle)

This would help us tremendously in transcription of video where there are two audio channels and we want to catch what's happening in both

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  shortcuts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Check that each caption line is less than a maximum width

When making captions, you currently have to guess and see if your caption is actually going to fit in the allocated space, through trial and error. It'd be great to be able to determine a standard width and have InqScribe automatically set the window width so you could see if you're going to break the caption line without having to repeatedly export and scroll through the entire movie.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow for .m2t logging

many of us are working in HDV. Is there a way to log without doing a transfer to mpeg?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include a confirmation dialog on "don't save" on close

Having just inadvertently closed Inqscribe thanks to Ctrl+W being right next to Ctrl+Q, I respectfully ask that you consider doing this:

Add a secondary confirmation dialog box to the "don't save" command, which might help prevent lost work.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  shortcuts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Save time series jpgs with transcript notes subtitles. Would be fantastic for student notes reviews

As above, export time series jpgs with transcript subtitles. It would be an incredible review technology for notes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion Alan. Although you can save a timecoded video as a series of JPEGs (by selecting “File > Save Time Series As JPEGs”), you cannot currently display your transcript as subtitles to these images. This is great idea, so we’ll consider adding it in a future InqScribe update.

19. "omit frames" behavior

Hi, I remember that old versions behavior was to just hide the frames from the transcript, but you could still enter the frames in the offset field for accuracy. Could there be a way to get that behavior back?
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix review (Rewind) option

The funcionality of the Review button is not consequent/doesn't work properly: Clicking on it when playing the video, has no effect. Clicking on it when the video is pauzed brings you to the beginning of the video. It only works with the shortcut combination (it rewinds non stop the video until you clic the shortcut again or pauze). It should be more functional if you could rewind just 1, 2, 5 seconds, or even better, customize how much you want to rewind.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General feedback for InqScribe

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base