If InqScribe crashes immediately upon launch, there could be several things happening. We’ll try to walk you through some steps to narrow down the cause.
1. Is this a bug that you can trigger consistently, or was it a one-time thing?
If the crash happens consistently, and you can describe the conditions that make it happen (i.e., other software that’s running, USB peripherals that are plugged in, etc.) then please send a support request describing the conditions in detail— enough detail to allow us to replicate the conditions on our end. The more detail you can send us, the better (and quicker) we can help you.
If the crash only happens sometimes, and not on a consistent basis, then please follow the steps below to help narrow down the cause.
2. Can you try restarting your computer and then launching InqScribe with no other software running? Does that address the issue?
3. If you’re using USB peripherals (other than mouse and keyboard), can you try unplugging those, restarting, then launching InqScribe? Does that address the issue?
In both the above cases, the goal is to see if any software or peripherals are conflicting with InqScribe. If InqScribe runs fine alone, then we can reintroduce the others one at a time to find the conflict.
4. If you have tried the above steps and InqScribe is still crashing on launch, please email us a screenshot of your computer just before and just after the crash. We often can notice details on your screen that can help us diagnose the cause. Here is how to send us a screen shot:
- In Windows, press “print screen”
- On Mac, press “Apple-Shift-3”
- Send us the resulting file(s).