Typically when timecodes do not match the movie there’s a problem with the frame rate setting.
Here’s one way to check:
- Open your movie with QuickTime Player.
- Select Window menu→Show Movie Inspector.
- You should see a line called “FPS”. That’s telling you your frame rate for the movie.
- Now go to InqScribe.
- Open your InqScribe file with the movie.
- Select Transcript menu→Transcript Settings…
- What is the Frame Rate set to? Does it match your movie’s settings?
If they don’t match, select a frame rate that matches.