If you're having trouble getting your foot pedal to work, here are some general things to try:
I. Quit InqScribe, plug in the foot pedal, and start InqScribe again.
InqScribe only recognizes devices that are plugged in when it starts up. If you plug in the foot pedal after you start InqScribe, it won't be recognized.
II. Unplug other USB devicesThere are a few devices that known to conflict with USB foot pedals. Try disconnecting them and setting up the foot pedals again.
In particular, we've seen issues with:
- HP Multimedia Keyboards (e.g. Model KB38211)
- Microsoft Multimedia Keyboards
- Quit InqScribe.
- Unplug other USB devices
- Make sure your foot pedal is plugged in
- Start InqScribe
- Start the foot pedal wizard, and try to define the pedal buttons again.
- Once you've set up the foot pedal, you can plug your keyboard back in.