- Open InqScribe.
- Prepare your transcript.
- Once it's ready, select "File > Export > SubRip Format..."
- Select a name for your file and specify its save location with the "Choose..." button. This will create a SubRip .srt file of your transcript.
- Open VLC Player.
- In VLC Player, select "Media > Open File" from the top menu bar, choose the video file associated with your subtitles, and select "Open."
- The video will begin playing. Now select "Subtitle > Add Subtitle File..." Choose the SubRip file you created in InqScribe (ending in .srt) and select "Open."
- VLC Player will now display your subtitles!
For a list of supported file formats, head over to the VideoLAN wiki page below: