If you’re having problems getting InqScribe to work properly and don’t know why, start by sending us a detailed description of what is happening, what you are doing when the problem occurs, and any details you can about the system.
The more detailed your description, the better (and quicker) we can help you. Below are some things you can do when submitting a bug report.
1. Send us a bug report using InqScribe’s “Report a bug” feature (in the Help menu). That will provide me with some additional information to help diagnose the issue. Here’s how:
- Go to the Help menu and choose “Report a Bug…”
- Make sure “include system information” is checked.
- Click send.
2. Send us a screenshot that shows the problem. We often can notice details that you might not be describing. Here is how to send us a screen shot:
- In Windows 8, pressing the Windows Key + Print Screen will automatically place the picture in your Pictures folder.
- In earlier versions of Windows, press Print Screen. Then, open up Paint from the Accessories section in your Start menu. In Paint, select "Edit>Paste" to place your screenshot into the program. Then, select "File> Save As..." to save your screenshot as an image file- we recommend the .png or .jpg file type.
- On Mac, press “Apple-Shift-3”
- Send us the resulting file(s) as an attachment.
3. If the crash happens consistently, and you can describe the conditions that make it happen then please send us a description of the conditions in detail— enough detail to allow us to replicate the conditions on our end. The more detail you can send us, the better (and quicker) we can help you.
There are also a few miscellaneous details that might give us a clue as to the cause of the problem:
4. Are you able to launch InqScribe at all? Does it crash during the launch process? After you load media? After you play video for a while then trigger a particular command or action?
5. Has InqScribe ever worked for you (i.e., used to work fine and then stopped working)? Or have you had this trouble from the start?
If you can respond to any or all of the above in your support request, we should be able to help diagnose your issue.