Why is the "Save Subtitled QuickTime Movie..." menu item disabled?
Created by: Ben Loh
Modified on: Mon, 7 Mar, 2022 at 6:05 AM
There are a few possible reasons why the "Save Subtitled QuickTime Movie..." menu item would be disabled:
- InqScribe 2.5 Beta-- The 2.5 beta does not use QuickTime, and thus no longer offers this feature. More information here.
- Demo Mode -- If you're running in demo mode without a valid registered license or an evaluation license, then the Save Subtitled QuickTime Movie is disabled. Please request an evaluation license here: https://www.inqscribe.com/eval.html
- No QuickTime -- If you don't have QuickTime installed on your machine, it is not possible to save a Subtitled QuickTime movie. Subtitles require QuickTime 7 (not QuickTime X). Read more about installing QuickTime here.*
*NOTE: Due to security risks, we do not recommend QuickTime for Windows users (more on this subject here).
- No Media -- If you have a transcript open, but no media (e.g. movie or audio) open, then you will not be able to save a subtitled movie. Just add the media to the transcript via the Media->Select Media Source... menu item.
- .wmv media on Windows -- If your original media is a .wmv file, then you will not be able to save a subtitled quicktime movie. Please convert your media to something that QuickTime can work with. More info here.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.